Speckle Stories are God Stories. I began telling them as a teacher in 2000 at CCA to my students in hopes they would see God in my life. The name comes from Clifford the Big Red Dog when Emily Elizabeth says to Clifford "you wanna hear a speckle story don't you boy?" and she reads him a story about speckle the dog that has a good moral lesson. Rev12:11 …we defeat the enemy by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony.
Sunday, October 9, 2011
I was ready Lord...really!
So this was supposed to be my longest week as defined in my training program. I was to have a 20 mile run, 115 mile bike and 5000 swim in addition to other shorter but intense trainings. The week started really well with the 20 mile run. I finished it in 4:30 and felt like I could've done the 6 more to complete a marathon! No pain or tightness in the knees and my nutrition was adequate to keep me going. I was very pleased and spent a few minutes afterwards on the beach praising God in the dark. Tuesday I was very tired and took a nap after school that lasted 3 hours leaving me no time to train that night. Wednesday morning I was right back at it and did my run in the morning followed by the bike I missed from Tuesday night. Thursday and Friday were awesome with 2 runs, a swim and a time trial bike on my trainer in the house. Ready for the weekend!!!! Then the weather hit. Probably the worst weather I have ever seen, even worst than Hurricane Wilma. Pools were closed Saturday and the wind and rain were too much for me to handle Sunday for the bike. I battled"failure" in my mind. I felt a little better today when I set my trainer up in front of my computer and watched Iron Man Kona for two hours, which was today. I cried as I watched the finish line....and those who didn't make the time cut-offs. I prayed again...begging God to finish this year. I just want to finish! An 81 year old man did it and a woman who looked to be my age finished with 5 minutes to spare. I was ready to go for it this weekend, but have to trust that God controls the weather and I felt so unsafe going out in that wind and rain this morning. I know only He can get me to that finish line and when He does, I will praise Him like I have never done before. My struggle is to praise Him on the way...forgive me God, I believe, help me with my unbelief.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment