My long run this weekend was 10 miles and afterwards you'd think I did a full marathon. Wow...how quickly we lose our endurance. The good news is that it didn't hurt. No knee or foot pain. A bit uncomfortable but no pain. After I got home a crashed for about an hour. Hard to believe that less than 4 months ago I did an IronMan. Guess that's what happens when you're in that "second half of life" ;)
Although physically it was tough, I found a mental zone that I recognize from IronMan training. It's like you get to the point when you just make up your mind to get in a rhythm and stay there. Like a freight train (maybe not that fast) but my body just goes. This happened at about mile 7 and was consistent until I finished at 10. Seems like I have to get past that awful first few miles to find that "sweet spot". I'd love to find that sweet spot at mile 2 and keep it until the end. I'll work on that.
The verse I have been meditating on today is from Phil 1:20 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.
I believe God has given me this opportunity to run Boston for His greater purpose in and through me. I don't want to miss it. It's not about a finishing time (obviously...). This is a gift. No way could I have been doing this on my own, physically (couldn't make qualify time), financially (couldn't afford if James was alive), timing (date and time off works). So..."I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body"....in Boston!
No comments:
Post a Comment