Speckle Stories are God Stories. I began telling them as a teacher in 2000 at CCA to my students in hopes they would see God in my life. The name comes from Clifford the Big Red Dog when Emily Elizabeth says to Clifford "you wanna hear a speckle story don't you boy?" and she reads him a story about speckle the dog that has a good moral lesson. Rev12:11 …we defeat the enemy by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony.
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Saying Goodbye is always hard
This week I had to say goodbye to one of my "daughters". Amy was 20 years old, a Junior at U.F. and the most precious, Godly cheerleader I ever had the privileged to teach/coach. She died in her sleep last week. Her passing gave me the opportunity to look at life again...what is most important...what matters the most...remembering James' life and death....I found myself more bold in speaking to my students about Christ, just in case He decided to take one of them home early as well. I preached the Gospel in my classes and contacted every girl I had coached in the past to know I still loved them. I was asked to speak at her memorial service yesterday and was honored to do so as difficult as it was. Also this weekend was Avery's 16th birthday. By the grace of God, He gives me the strength to have joy and celebrate while grieving. Seems to be a pattern in my life. My training had to be altered, but I did not fret, knowing God would be found faithful and give me the strength physically, emotionally and spiritually. I covet your prayers as I attempt to get right back to it Monday morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment