Mid-week I found myself "down for the count". I guess it has been building for a week or so and really hit me Tuesday. Watching a friend put his mom in Hospice and then seeing her die while another friend was making decisions of how to care for his mom, moving her from hospital to nursing home finally crushed me. I began to think again about life...this life...and death. Brings back that all to familiar "little black cloud" of grief and I thought of this life without my mom or watching her suffer and it became overwhelming. I didn't know what I was dealing with, why I was crying all day until I called her and spoke with her. The night prior to our phone conversation I had a spiritual attack. Not like anything I have ever experienced before....a dark presence in my bedroom at midnight. I tried to say the name Jesus to get it to flee but it felt as though someone was holding my tongue. Horribly frightening! I didn't train at all Wednesday and decided to drive the 3 hours North to visit with my mom as well as be there for the friend who just put his mom in a nursing home. God was so good to me. I was able to run 5 miles on Thursday, spend some quality "shopping time" with my mommy (always great therapy) and be there for my friend. He is always so FAITHFUL!
No comments:
Post a Comment